Shell Omala S2 G Series
Previous Name: Shell Omala Oils
Shell Omala S2 G Gear Lubricants are high quality extreme-pressure oils designed primarily for the lubrication of heavy duty industrial and marine gears. Their high load carrying capacity and anti-friction characteristics combine to offer superior performance in gears. Shell Omala S2 G oils are formulated using an effective Sulphur-phosphorus additive system to provide an extreme pressure performance which allow trouble-free application in most enclosed industrial & marine gearboxes using steel spur and helical gears.
Shell Omala S2 G Gear Lubricants meets the requirements of a wide range of industrial bodies and equipment manufacturers are available in 68, 150,220,320,460 & 680 ISO Viscosity Grades. They have an effective full extreme pressure (EP)additive system.
- Long oil life – Maintenance saving.
- Excellent wear & corrosion protection.
- Excellent system efficiency & demulsibility.
- Mineral oil based grades with Extreme Pressure (EP) system.
- Enclosed gear systems used in both industrial & Marine applications.
- Lubrication of bearings & other components.
Specifications and Approvals
- DIN 51517-3 (CLP)
- ISO 12925-1 Type CKD
- AGMA 9005-E02 (EP)
- David Brown
- Meets MAG specifications
- For highly loaded worm drives the Shell Omala “WE” series oils are recommended.
- For applications which require synthetic grades Shell Omala S4 GX series should be used.
- For automotive hypoid gears, the appropriate Shell Spirax grades should be used.