Shell Omala S4 GX Series
Previous Name: Shell Omala HD
Shell Omala S4 GX is an advanced synthetic heavy duty industrial gear oil offering outstanding lubrication performance under severe operating conditions, including reduced friction, long service life and high resistance to micro-pitting for optimal gear protection. Shell Omala S4 GX is formulated using an advanced additive system in combination with specially selected synthetic base fluids to provide outstanding resistance to breakdown over long duration and/or high temperature operation. It offers extend service intervals compared to conventional industrial gear oils & excellent load carrying capacity and micro-pitting performance providing long component life even under shock loading conditions. It also has excellent corrosion protection & has improved low temperature performance and lower friction in comparison to mineral oil-based products.
Shell Omala S4 GX advanced synthetic gear oils are available in 68, 150,220,320,460 & 680 ISO Viscosity Grades.
- Long oil life – Maintenance saving.
- Excellent wear & corrosion protection.
- Enhanced system efficiency.
- Synthetic grade with advanced Extreme Pressure (EP) system.
- Enclosed gear systems used in both industrial & Marine applications.
- Wind turbines and other inaccessible installations.
- Lubrication of bearings & other components.
Specifications and Approvals
- DIN 51517-3 (CLP)
- ISO 12925-1 Type CKD
- ANSI/AGMA 9005-E02 (EP)
- Approved by various OEM’s like Flender AG, David Brown, GE wind turbines, Gamesa etc.
- For highly loaded worm drives the Shell Omala “W” series oils are recommended.
- For automotive hypoid gears, the appropriate Shell Spirax Oil should be used.