Shell Omala S4 WE Series
Previous Name: Shell Tivela S
Shell Omala S4 WE is Shell’s ultimate dedicated worm-gear lubricant. It is formulated using a synthetic polyalkylene glycol base oil, which is designed to help maximize worm-gear life and efficiency. It can offer excellent oil life and wear protection for various worm gears, thus helping to increase productivity and cut maintenance costs. Shell Omala S4 WE is widely recognized and approved by leading equipment manufacturers. It offers outstanding lubrication performance under severe operating conditions, including improved energy efficiency, long service life and high resistance to micro-pitting. It offers extend service intervals compared to conventional industrial gear oils & excellent load carrying capacity and micro-pitting performance providing long component life even under shock loading conditions. It also provides energy efficiency and lower operating temperatures in worm gear applications.
Shell Omala S4 WE advanced synthetic gear lubricating oils are available in 150,220,320,460 & 680 ISO Viscosity Grades.
- Long oil life – Maintenance saving.
- Excellent wear & corrosion protection.
- Enhanced system efficiency.
- Formulated using Synthetic polyalkylene glycol base oil.
- Synthetic grade gear lubricant for worm gears with advanced Extreme Pressure (EP) system.
- Enclosed worm gear systems used in both industrial & Marine applications.
- Wind turbines and other inaccessible installations.
- Lubrication of bearings & other components.
- Recommended for lubrication of bearings and other components in circulating and splash-lubricated systems.
Specifications and Approvals
- ISO 12925-1 Type CKE
- ANSI/AGMA 9005-E02 (EP)
- Approved by David Brown, Bonfiglioli & various OEM’s
- For automotive hypoid gears, the appropriate Shell Spirax Oil should be used.
- For highly – loaded spur and helical gears Shell Omala “G” series are recommended.
- Shell Omala S4 WE is not recommended for the lubrication of components manufactured from aluminum or aluminum alloys.