Shell Heat Transfer Oil S2
High Performance Heat transfer fluid
Previous Name: Shell Thermia B
Shell Heat Transfer Oil S2 is based on carefully selected, highly refined mineral oils chosen for their ability to provide superior performance in indirect closed fluid heat transfer systems.
- Long oil life – Maintenance saving.
- Resists oxidation & thickening.
- Excellent corrosion protection.
- Enhanced system efficiency.
Enclosed circulated heat transfer systems for industrial applications such as process industry, chemical plants, textile producers etc. and in household equipment such as oil filled radiators. Shell Heat Transfer Oil S2 can be used in high temperature continuous heat transfer equipment with the following application limits.
- Max. film temperature 340°C
- Max. bulk temperature 320°C
Specifications and Approvals
- Classified as ISO 6743-12 Family Q
- Meets typically DIN 51522 requirements
The life of Shell Heat Transfer Oil S2 depends on the design and usage of the system. If the system is well designed and not subjected to abnormal workloads, the life can be for many years.
It is important to monitor oil condition regularly. The properties that should be monitored are viscosity, acidity, flash point (open and closed) and insolubles content.