SHELL ARGINA TRUNK PISTON ENGINE OILS
Multifunctional crankcase Lubricant for highly rated medium speed diesel engines operating on residual fuels.
The new Shell Argina trunk piston engine oils are designed to meet the latest challenges in the industry. They meets the latest engine/fuel requirements and helps to improve engine protection ,ultimately lowering the maintenance cost. The new Shell Argina oils are fully reformulated with Shell’s latest additive technology and are designed to perform under very stressful operating conditions.
- Optimized oxidation resistance and extended oil life.
- Exceptionally cleanliness properties.
- Well-balanced detergency level.
- High BN retention
- It also has comprehensive range of engine manufacturers’ approvals.
- Medium speed industrial or marine propulsion and auxiliary engines , burning residual fuel oils , which creates moderate oil stress.
- Recommended for marine engine reduction gears and certain other shipboard applications, where specialist lubricants are not required.
|Grade Name||SAE Viscosity Grade||TBN||Remarks|
|Shell Argina S3 30||30||30||Recommended for newer engine designs , less than 10 years old ,where oil consumption is > 1 g/kWh, load factors < 85%,Sulphur content of the fuel used is < 3 %|
|Shell Argina S3 40||40||30|
|Shell Argina S4 40||40||40||Recommended for newer engine designs, less than 10 years old and /or fitted with flame rings, where oil consumption is 0.5 – 1 g/kWh, load factors are > 85%, Sulphur content of the fuel used is > 2 %.|
|Shell Argina S5 40||40||55||Recommended for newer engine designs and Duel Fuel engines, where oil consumption is < 0.5 g/kWh, load factors are > 90%, Sulphur content of the fuel used is > 3%.|
For additional information or any other request, please use the form below.