SHELL CAPRINUS HPD 40- RAILROAD DIESEL ENGINE OIL
Caprinus HPD 40 is a premium grade, heavy-duty, crankcase oil, intended mainly for railroad diesel engines of American origin, particularly those manufactured by General Electric and General Motors Electro-Motive Division (EMD). Although it is fortified by additives providing alkalinity, dispersancy and resistance to oxidation, it does not contain zinc and therefore can be used in EMD engines fitted with silver piston-pin bearings. Caprinus HPD 40, which contains high viscosity index mineral oil, is designed specially for use in highly rated North American railroad engines subjected to the most severe operating conditions, especially where fuel sulphur is high (say around 1%) and where long oil drain intervals are required.
- Excellent detergency & dispersancy properties to ensure outstanding engine cleanliness.
- Optimized oxidation resistance and extended oil life.
- High Viscosity Index base oils which provides higher level of protection.
- Good anti-wear properties & protection against corrosion by acidic products of combustion.
- Recommended for railroad locomotives , certain engines used in power generation, marina and mine-haul applications.
- Intended mainly for railroad diesel engines of American origin, particularly those manufactured by General Electric and General Motors Electro-Motive Division (EMD) engines fitted with silver piston-pin bearings
|Grade Name||SAE Viscosity Grade||TBN||Perfomance Specifications|
|Shell Caprinus HPD 40||40||13||API service Class’n – CD
EMD – Worthy of full scale field test (WOFT)
General Electric – Gen 4 Long life “Tentative Approval”
Locomotive Maintenance Officers Association (LMOA) – Generation 5
With the right knowledge of shell lubricants, we can help you choose the right lubricant grade to deal with the specific level of oil stress in your engine.
For additional information or any other request, please use the form below.